It is required to allocate responsibilities and rights for document management and make them publicly known to all employees of the organization so that, if it is necessary to create or receive records, it is clear who is responsible for taking the necessary actions.
The Introduction of Document Management in Manufacturing and Distribution
The introduction of a document management system allows you to increase the efficiency and reduce the cost of managing paper documents, increase information security and the efficiency of interaction with customers, reduce customer service time, as well as increase control over performance discipline, ensure the relevance of documents and the immutability of their content, reduce the risk of errors associated with the human factor, causing mechanical damage to documents and files and provide unlimited virtual space for storing documents.
The responsibility and authority in the area of document management should be distributed among all employees of the organization, including records managers, specialists in related information professions, management, department managers, system administrators, and other persons for whom the creation of documents is part of their work. Responsibilities should be reflected in the relevant job descriptions or other official documents of a legal nature.
The document management in manufacturing and distribution can be improved with the virtual data room because it is responsible for:
- documenting business transactions in the production and warehouse divisions of the company in electronic form using electronic signatures;
- control of signing accounting documents by all signatories at the program level;
- transparency of the document flow, reduction of costs and labor costs for its creation, maintenance, and storage, exclusion of duplicating functions in departments when generating and checking documents;
- the ability to provide electronic documents to third-party users upon request, including to regulatory authorities and to the court;
- the immutability of the electronic document after its signing by authorized persons.
The advantage of using a virtual data room for document management in manufacturing and distribution is that this approach helps management to switch quickly and focus on problem areas to determine the next steps. In some cases, this approach may indicate the need for more detailed work to build the economics of large or costly security measures.
Allocation of Responsibility and Authority for Document Management
Many enterprises are faced with the fact that the primary accounting documents are in a disappointing state: the documents may not be signed or even missing. One of the solutions to this problem is to transfer internal primary accounting documents to legally significant electronic document management. For the direct organization of information security, the structure and staffing provide for special units and employees, as well as:
- The virtual data room for document management in manufacturing and distribution represents an efficient solution to manage your documents as well as:
- For commercial organizations and the public sector.
- Customizable interface. Organize your information space for document management.
- No limits on the number of users and organizations. Invite your partners and clients. Work together.
- Mobile applications for Android and iOS. Work remotely.
Manufacturing companies, especially those operating in industrial production, use information systems mainly to support their production processes and logistics. However, market competition forces them to look for solutions that support the work of departments such as sales or marketing. The virtual data room’s offer for the industrial sector varies according to the level of maturity of the client and is aimed at bridging the differences between companies.